(both) Who’s the better plancer? Let’s talk about that. ♪ (theme music) ♪ – Good mythical morning.
– We are very excited to welcome special guest Lindsey Sterling to the show!
(clapping) – Oh, thank you, thanks for having me.
– Welcome Lindsey. ♪ (dubstep and violin music) ♪ Thanks for coming out to the
G the M and the M. – Whoa, I’ve never heard it like that.
– I’ve never said it like that before. – It’s pretty cool.
– Yep. Yeah, one of the things that we’ve noticed
about you is your amazing ability to put together great things that you’d probably
do separately. Play music and dance. – Yes.
– But you put those things together in an – amazing music video or on stage.
– We call it plancing. – Ooh, I like that.
– Get it? – Did you guys make that up?
– We trademarked it but we’ll sell it to – you for the right price.
– (laughs) I might take it. So you don’t– You haven’t
had a term for it? No, I always just say “Oh, I play the
violin while dancing.” But for now on if – you guys don’t mind I will say plancing.
– Sure. We’ll talk later. Okay. Well, we also play instruments and
we’ve also been known to dance. So we’d like to get in on this
plancing thing. – Nice.
– And well, you know we want to take advantage of you being here to be a mentor
slash maybe judge to not only give us hope but to determine who’s the better plancer. – Okay.
– So we have developed a format that’s completely original with a title for the
competition that is completely original. It it time to play… ♪ (game show music) ♪
(Rhett) Plancing with the stars Okay, as you can see we have cleared the
good mythical floor and turned it into a performance space. We have given a wide
birth to what is about to happen. Okay, this is how it’s gonna work.
There’s three rounds. Round one, Rhett’s gonna go first, he’s in the wings, he’s
waiting to come out. He is going to plance for you to an original number and then you
are gonna give him constructive feedback, criticism and a score. Then I’m going to
go for round two you’re same thing for me. – Okay.
– You’re gonna help me figure out how to do this, give me a score and then there’s a bonus round
three which is a battle scenario – between the two of us.
– Ooh. Nice. I’m ready. – I’m so ready. (laughs)
– Rhett, are you ready? (Rhett off camera) Si. – (Laughs)
– Alright, lights please. – Look at that.
– Oh my goodness. (laughs) – Hola, Lindsey.
– Hola, Rhett. You look fantastic, might I say. – Oh, very theatrical.
– You can be honest. (laughs) We’ll save that
for the judging afterwards. – Oh, okay.
– Gotta boost his confidence. ♪ (Spanish style music) ♪ (Rhett playing the guitar) (laughing) Hey! Ha! (high pitched) Ha! (high pitched) Ho! Ha. (laughing) Hola! Lindsey. Ha. – Wow.
– Stepping on the cord. (laughs) – (laughs)
– Don’t look directly at that. (music stops) (clapping) – Okay, let’s get the lights.
– (laughs) Let him have it, Lindsey. Alright, first of all (clears throat)
I have to say the execution on the costume fantastic. It’s great to surprise. You could have tightened that up a little
bit, don’t you think he could have– I could tell through his routine he was
going for a bit of the sex appeal. You came out and you were completely
commited which I loved. – You walked out here and you held the gaze.
– I’ll give him that, he needs to be commited. I was very impressed, I’m not gonna lie.
That foot work, some of it was pretty – intricate. The swivel hips.
– Some of it. I’m gonna go with a solid seven. Fantastic.
Well done. Alright, you’ve set the bar. Somewhere. Now it’s my turn. – (laughs)
– Take a seat. Alright, Link are you ready? (Link off screen using a soft voice) Yes. (both laugh)
Oh, wow. Okay, lights please. What?! (laughs) – As expected.
– Oh my goodness. This was expected? A little dainty.
(both laugh) A little dainty goes a long way. – (laughing)
– Oh, okay. (soft voice) Fair maiden, Lindsey Sterling.
I am but a bard, yet I have prepared a performance for you.
It will twinkle your toes. – (laughs) I don’t know if that’s appropriate.
– No, probably not. I’ve brought my recorder
from far away lands. (laughs) ♪ (medieval music) ♪ Oh, yes. (Link playing the recorder) (laughing) ( Lindsey) Stop! (Lindsey laughing) (both laughing) That ending really snuck up on him.
(both laughing) – At ease, at ease.
– Wow. – Bard. (laughs) Wow.
– Well done. (both clapping)
Okay, lights up! (soft voice) I’m a little winded,
Miss Sterling. – I can understand why. Oh my goodness.
– It’s like staring into the sun. (laughing) Well, again 100% commitment.
I mean I wonder if you studied some of my – moves because I can see some of them
– I did. – this one?
– Yep, that one. The nice like, leaning. I mean these are spot on Lindsey Sterling
techniques. – It started out well.
– I’m a student. Yeah? You didn’t think it continued well? Yeah, the ending that was
a surprise to Link. (everyone laughing) Well I was surprised but in the best way
possible. I thought it was fantastic. Instrumentation was decorative,
dancing was spot on. (soft voice) No, there is a pot of gold at
the end of my recorder. That’s confusing. (crew and Lindsey laugh)
You’re not a leprechaun, don’t blow it now, Link. (everyone laughing) Alright, let’s score him. – Or you score him.
– Okay. I’m going to give you a nine. – (Shouting) Yaaaaay!
– What?! – (laughs) What?!
– It was brilliant. – Yes!
– At this point it is anybodies game. Let’s just put it that way Okay. Round three is a battle with a little
coordination between the two of us. On to the battle round! Alright guys, are you ready? (Rhett and Link using British accents)
Yes! Lights! (laughs) New costumes?! (both talking in British accents)
That’s right. Hello, Lindsey. We’re from the band “Chonk.” Hardcore. Meet Chonk. Like a wolf, a snow wolf
eating a snow rabbit, taking chunks of meat – from his–
– Yes, I love the analogy. This is an original we call… – Awesome.
– What did we call it? “Plancing number seven” – Plancing number one, it’s number one.
– Oh number one. “Plancing number one” from Chonk. Gentlemen, plance away. ♪ (rock music) ♪ (Rhett playing the guitar and Link
playing the recorder) I went out of tune. Chonk! (Link continues playing the recorder) Chonk! (Rhett continues playing the guitar) Chonk! (Link continues playing the recorder) (Rhett playing the guitar and Link
playing the recorder again) – Chonk!
– Chonk. (music stops) – Chonk.
– We are still chonk. Lights. Oh my goodness. Well first of all, I loved
that it was a completely different take for both of you, you know. You didn’t just
stick with what you knew, you went out on a limb and tried something new. (talking in normal voice)
Didn’t seem we knew that? Oh no, I could tell this was highly
rehearsed so. – (Rhett) Yeah.
– Well done, choreography and I like that you both had your own little style.
Yours was a little more ridged, Link. – Yours was a little more swing to it.
– (shouting) Whoa, swing! That’s good, that’s positive. I will say, music and technicality I’m
gonna have to say you were very spot on, Rhett. (laughs) Link, we had a few fumbles
but you had a trickier part, I will say. You had quite a few more notes. I’m gonna
give Rhett his score first. So, because of the musical accuracy and the really
nice flow that you executed I’m going to – give you a nine.
– (shouting) Yeah! – (laughing)
– That’s almost a ten! So this is hard, this is really hard for
me, this is the determining factor here. Because of the edginess of your
performance and the true grit that you showed I’m gonna give an eight. ♪ (game show music) ♪ Our new plancing champion is Link,
everybody! – (Singing)
– (clapping) That pose says it all! That’s says it all! – Yeah!
– This guy won! (laughs) – I get to be in your next music video!
– Oh, was that the prize? Congratulations, Link you beat me fair and
square as judged by an expert. – But I’m still afraid to watch it back.
– (laughs) As you should be. Thanks for liking and
commenting on this video! Lindsey say “you know what time it is.” You know what time it is! (whispering) Hi, my name is Maria and I’m
from Sweden. And it’s time to spin the
wheel of mythicality. Check out Lindsey on her amazing YouTube
channel and she’s coming to a city near you – on her international tour, tour, tour.
– Yeah! – Click through to good mythical more, more, more where we hang out with
Miss Sterling and talk shop a little bit, – you know, musician to hack musician.
– Talk shop. Get some tips. Encourage the cactus! – Oh gosh, you play a little something.
– Of course. Okay, alright. We’re gonna bring it out, he needs a
little encouragement . Oh, okay. Let’s see. (starts playing the violin) – You can do it cactus.
– You’re a succulent, you don’t need that – much water, you just need love.
– You don’t suck, just for clarification. You’re so prickly and I don’t mean that in
a negative way like you make people feel uncomfortable or you’re stand off-ish.
You’re made that way. You’re not needy at all which is great,
in terms of like fluids. I just wanna– wanna hug you! – Can I hug you?
– Don’t do it. Can I hug you? Do it!
(violin fades) [Captioned by Whitney:
GMM Captioning Team]